We had a bumpy road to get to this radio show completed. It tried on many faces and had went through lots of plot transformations. I wrote basically the entire dialogue and plot, Amanda made the sound effects, Patrick did a majority of the editing, and everyone else contributed their voices, radio bumpers, and commercials. Google doc was a life saver, because everyone had different schedules. A few of us would be typing and editing the scripts, all while recording the lines of the peoples characters that were there, and we highlighted the lines that still needed recording in red. The people who weren’t present recorded their lines and put the link onto the Google Doc so the editor could splice them into the show. The convergence center became our haven, and Pizza Hut fueled our creative juices. It was interesting to see how our characters developed along with the plot.
So. Big news, my group decided to change our idea completely. Mainly because we have a time-traveling character, and the original idea we just couldn’t make work. So we’re now doing my original idea…… a Clue! radio show!! It’s based off of Clue the movie,with all of our characters being blackmailed etc, etc. Obviously we put our own twists on it, but I’m excited. I know another group is also doing Clue, but the plot fit best with all our characters, and we had a couple HUGE fans of the movie, so we hope this won’t be an issue. Cause once we changed the story, we got the general dialogue done in one siting, along with where we’re placing commercial breaks. I suggested making most of the dialogue improvisation because It’ll flow more naturally and save us some time. Another member of our group loves working with sounds, and has a great radio voice, so she volunteered to make the sound effects and bumpers. We still don’t know how to fit the time traveling part of the one persons character into our story, so I believe that’ll be our biggest challenge. My other group members (the ones I’ve met at least) have been awesome. Everyone’s easy-going, and contributes great ideas and solutions to the project. We’ll be doing our last recording on Saturday, and I’m ready to see what comes out of it
I chose a most wanted poster with a mirror in the place the picture usually is placed. Not only do I not want to spoil the plot, I mainly did it so you see yourself, implying that you’d be next. I used pixlr, and got a most wanted poster template off of Google, and then messed around with the photoshop to create a mirror surface. To do that, you use a gradient tool and get the colors, use white and grey white. Then you take the brush tool and enlarge it, bring down it’s opacity to about 14, make sure it’s set to blurred edges, and go click my click to make a reflection. I then opened up my frame and unlocked the background and then used the wand tool to select the center of the frame and then the surrounding background. After selecting I used the erase tool and the wand tool allowed me to erase everything except for the frame. I then cut and pasted and custom fit the frame to the existing square. Then wa-la!
We formed our group (Most Wanted) an early Wednesday morning. We communicated using Twitter, and somewhat email. We talked all Thursday about meeting and decided on Saturday at UMW campus at like, 12:30. Unfortunately the day and time didn’t match up with my schedule, so I was debriefed later that day. The plot, I gathered, was based off of the Killers Kiss. My character, Delilah Valentine, gets killed off within the first 5 minutes, so I become the narrator. A different character is getting hunted, so they’re the “most wanted”, and there’s a lot of death. They uploaded the meeting to soundcloud to listen to, so if my summary wasn’t clear or detailed enough, you can listen to the meeting yourself here. We scheduled another meeting for next Wednesday, and I’ve been emailing work so everything’s coming together.